Hey guys! I just watched Jessica Simpson’s new show, called The Price of Beauty. I read that it debuted (on Monday night) to really low numbers, but I ended up really liking it. She travels all over the world with Ken Paves and Cacee Cobb, and they look at different cultures and their beauty treatments/practices. It’s really interesting, and I’ll definitely watch it again. Have you seen The Price of Beauty?
Last night, I met my goal of trying one new recipe this week. I know that doesn’t sound like a lofty goal, but I rarely follow recipes, so this goal works for me.
In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, I made Kristin’s chocolate mint pie.
Chocolate Mint Pie
- 1 package sugar-free, fat-free instant chocolate pudding
- 1 1/2 cup skim milk
- 3/4 tsp peppermint extract, divided
- 1 1/2 cup fat free whip cream, divided
- green food coloring
- 12 mint Oreo cookies
- 1 pre-made Oreo cookie pie crust
1. Place Oreos in a plastic bag and crush until the cookie pieces are the size of marbles.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Whisk for 2 minutes, or until it is soft set. Fold in 3/4 cup cool whip and 1/2 tsp peppermint extract. Gently fold in 1 cup of crushed Oreos.
3. Pour filling into pre-made pie crust and spread until even.
4. In a separate bowl, combine 3/4 cup cool whip, 1/4 tsp peppermint extract, and green food coloring. Pour on top of the pudding and spread until even.
5. Top with remaining Oreo cookie pieces and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
You’re going to laugh, but look what happened when I cut myself a piece tonight. You guys, I even chilled this overnight. Definitely not as pretty as Kristin’s pie turned out! I guess I could have put it in the freezer, but my refrigerator is set at normal temps, so I’m not sure why THIS happened…
Just because it didn’t look pretty doesn’t mean that it didn’t taste pretty! It’s really tasty, and it was very easy to throw together. Now if only I could keep my hand out of the cookie jar (The leftover mint Oreo cookies are better than I imagined!), then we’d be in business. 😉
If you like chocolate, and you like peppermint, then you should definitely make this!
Did you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this year? Not only did I forget to wear green (Who does that?) but I fell asleep on the couch around 9:00! What can I say- I was tired. 🙂